Skip to Content
See All Categories

St. Lawrence Hotel

  • Businesses and Artisans
Share
Address
5493 Osgoode Main Street
Osgoode
Directions
Date Range
1870s - 1910
Public Access
No
Current Use
Private Residence

Located at the modern address of 5493, Osgoode, the St. Lawrence hotel sat beside the railway that passed through Osgoode. Original ownership is accredited to John Grant in the 1870s, and later had more owners. The hotel was started in the 1870s but burnt down in 1910. After being rebuilt on the corner of George Street and James Street, it continued to function as a hotel till it was sold to W. A. Taylor and used as a veterinarian office. 

Information Sources:

  • From Then to Now Commemorative Booklet, Osgoode Township Museum
  • Glimpses of Osgoode Township, Osgoode Township Museum link
  • A Detailed Glimpse of Osgoode Township, Osgoode Township Museum link 

Image Sources:

  • Illustrated historical atlas of the county of Carleton (including city of Ottawa) Ont link